Information for professionals – PET Tracers
Our products are manufactured according to the international GMP guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practices). They are distributed according to the international GDP guidelines (Good Distribution Practices).
These precautions guarantee your patients the highest quality products.
SMC MA-no. : 61546
Production days: Monday to Friday
Flu-SWAN, a tracer for PET (positron emission tomography), is an isotonic [18F]-Fludeoxyglucose solution calibrated at 185 MBq/ml.
It is a ready-to-use radiodiagnostic for direct application.
Flu-SWAN has a physiological pH and, in addition to [18F] Fludeoxyglucose, contains only sodium chloride and 0.5% ethanol. It contains no buffer solution; the ethanol in the solution stabilizes the product with respect to a possible radiolysis. The shelf-life of the product is 12 hours after EOS (end of synthesis).
SMC MA-no.: 66087
Production days: upon request
SWAN-Cholin is a radiopharmaceutical for the assessment of the local tumor extent of a proven prostate carcinoma by PET (positron emission tomography). It is a radioactive 18F-labeled analog to natural choline, which is a substrate for the synthesis of cell membrane components.
SWAN-Choline is a ready-to-use radiodiagnostic for direct application.
1 ml solution for injection contains 222 MBq/ml of the active ingredient [18F] Fluoromethylcholine at the time of calibration. The included excipients are sodium chloride and water for injections. It contains no buffer solution or preservative. The shelf life of the product is 10 hours after EOS (end of synthesis).
SMC MA-no.: 66210
Delivery days: upon request
Neuraceq is a radiodiagnostic used to visualize the density of neuritic β-amyloid plaques in the brain of adult patients with cognitive impairment who are being examined for Alzheimer’s disease (AK) or other causes of cognitive impairment.
Neuraceq should be used in conjunction with a clinical examination only.
1 ml solution for injection contains 300 MBq Florbetaben (18F) at the time of calibration indicated on the package. The shelf life of the product is 10 hours after EOS (end of synthesis).
Production according to Formula magistralis
SWAN Isotopen AG also produces radiopharmaceuticals for medical prescriptions according to Formula magistralis.
Transport of dangerous goods Class 7
SWAN Isotopen AG is one of the few companies in Switzerland and the only company in the Espace Mittelland to offer a transport service for radioactive materials. As a producer of short-lived radiopharmaceuticals, we know how important an absolutely reliable transport service is for suppliers and customers.
- Our own professionally equipped fleet
- Radiopharmaceutical transports
- Transport of dangerous goods Class 7
- Pharmaceutical transports
Dangerous goods safety adviser class 7
Do you need a dangerous goods officer for the transport of radioactive materials and you do not have your own employee who has this qualification? The law gives you the choice of leaving dangerous goods management to an external expert.
- Proper and legally compliant handling of your transports of radioactive
Substances by our dangerous goods officer
We are an independent company specializing in the production of radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear medicine. We develop new diagnostics in close cooperation with research groups in nuclear medicine and high energy physics at the University of Bern.
- Boss Silvan Innovation Manager
- Carzaniga Tommaso Technology Officer
- Jordanova Aneta Responsible RP Office
- Roncolato Giacomo Innovation Expert
- Felber Melanie Admin Assistant
- von Ballmoos Peter Logistics & Support
- Wirz Heinz Fahrer
- Lamiri Natalie Production Manager
- Iannuzzi Antonio Production Technician
- Rudzitis Janis Production Specialist for Lutetium and Gallium Products
- Coelho Pedro Production Technician
- Fonseca Lucas Production Technician
- Garcia Prats Oriol Production Technician
- Islami Agron Packaging Operator
- Licandro Maximiliano Niccolo Production Technician
- Mendes Filipe Production Technician
- Mota Julio Production Technician
- Rodrigues Paulo Packaging Operator
- Täuber Stefan Production Technician
- Vanhuele Jesse Production Technician
- Cozza Federico QC Manager
- Loi Giovanni QC Technician
- Liechti Michael QC Specialist for Lutetium and Gallium Products
- Mihal Andrea QC Technician
- Ribeiro Catarina QC Technician
- Werfl Dominik QC Technician
- Clivaz Cédric QA Manager
- Piccand Miguel QA Manager Deputy
- Avila Mislay QA Specialist
- Bisschops Patrick QA Specialist
- Moustafai Anesti Maintenance Manager
- Adami Giona Implementation Engineer
- Fattorini Luca Maintenance Technician
- President: Dr. oec. Urs Birchler, former president of the Inselspital
- Vicepresident: Prof. Dr. med. Martin Fiedler, Medical Director Inselspital
- Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Aebersold, Clinic Director, University Hospital for
- Markus Brönnimann, Administrative Director, University of Bern
- Peter Kappert, Chairman of the Board of Directors PET Diagnostik Bern AG
- Dr. med. h.c. Uwe E. Jocham, President of the Executive Board Insel Gruppe
FBB Neuraceq™ BAG Duty to provide benefits (health insurance companies reimbursement approved)
SWAN-PSMA-1007 temporary market approval received and 1st batch produced and delivered
FBB Neuraceq™ Market approval received
FCH SWAN-Cholin Market approval for PET diagnosis of prostate cancer and 1st batch produced and delivered
- SWAN Isotopen AG becomes a fully accredited radiopharmaceutical company on the Swiss market
- FDG Flu-SWAN market approval and 1st batch produced and delivered
- Offer transport of dangerous goods for third parties
Move into the 5-storey SWAN building of SWAN Isotopen AG. On the upper two floors is the ward for palliative and nuclear medicine, on the 1st floor offices and on the ground floor and basement the production
- Installation Cyclotron
- The swissHADRON foundation was established by SWANtec Holding
Foundation of SWAN Hadron AG as subsidiary of SWANtec Holding AG
Foundation of SWANtec Holding AG in December 2007 by the Inselspital Foundation together with private strategic shareholders. It comprises two subsidiaries: SWAN Isotopen AG and SWAN Hadron AG.Dr. med. Konrade von Bremen, CEO, was significantly involved in the development and establishment of the SWAN Group.